Translation Services Made Easy!
Call 855-794-0508 (Account No. 20543, PIN 7580) for an immediate connection to a translator using a Spectralink phone, then start a 3-way conversation on the speaker-phone setting, or use a videolink on an iPad or tablet. Voilà!
Additional CPOE training opportunities !!!
Remember we only have one week left before CPOE goes live. You had better schedule your training!!!
Instructors are available for "elbow-to-elbow sessions from 0700-1600
To schedule your individual session, please call the Organizational Development Department at 351-7394 (or ext. 7394 in house) or call Brenda Land at 402-5228 (x5228).
CPOE MANDATE AS OF AUGUST 4TH
(See MEC approved CPOE policy on HOME tab in Portal)
Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE)
Adoption / Compliance Policy
MEC approved the policy in May with an effective date of August 4, 2015 (go-live date for FULL CPOE).
PURPOSE: Guidance for licensed Independent Practitioner, and Allied Health Professionals on usage standards for HIPAA, security compliance, and adoption of CPOE which includes Medication Reconciliation.
· All patient orders (medications and non-medications) generated by providers, mid-levels or rounding nurses must be electronically entered in the hospitals electronic order entry system (MedsTracker).
· Verbal/Telephone orders have strict restrictions and only allowed under prescribed circumstances
· Policy enforcement remedies include suspension of privileges.
Please review the policy in detail on the HOME tab of the Portal. Click "Computerized Provider Order Entry Participation Policy".
Training opportunities are in development and will be available in July. Please take advantage of those opportunities.
Currently a CPOE Full Adoption training video is available on the eCafe.
>Those of you who want to attend the CPOE classes must register for the classes you wish to attend by calling Brenda at 402-5228 or x5228.<
July 6th – July 24th Hospitalist / Hospitalists and Hospitalist Midlevel’s
July 13th –July 24th Physicians and Midlevel’s
1. eCafe Videos TITLES (click on the eCafe icon on the desktop)http://mrhswss02/Clinical/eCafe/default.aspx)
· 1-Full CPOE (video)
· 2-Admission MedsTracker
· 3-Change Level Care MedsTracker
· 4-Discharge Order
2. Classroom Training
· Begins July 13 –24
· 30-minute classes - 4 South Computer Room
Monday - Friday, July 13- 17, 0500-0530, 1200-1230, 18:00-1830
3. On-Unit Training
· Schedule with HOO or IPC office
· Physicians/Provider Mid-levels - Coordinate Schedule with Brenda Land 402-5228
4. Training Booklet with CPOE screen shots and instructions
· available in the doctors’ lounges, medical staff office, or call Brenda Land at 402-5228
Beginning July 14th Dulera (mometasone/formoterol) will be substituted for Advair products, Symbicort, Breo Ellipta, and Anoro Ellipta.
Team Notes will no longer be available as of 7/14/15.
Perioperative Bridging Anticoagulation in Atrial Fibrillation
The BRIDGE study, a randomized controlled trial, finds no benefit of bridging in reducing the risk of stroke or thromboembolism, but bridging increases bleeding.